27 February 2011

Season of Goodwill

A very enlightening article by the consort of the Sultan of Johore which I think should be read by all of us. This is another piece of the many articles written by Her Royal Highness which I have followed and this one clearly shows her inner self whom surely be cherished by we Malaysians.






During the days before Christmas last year, I wished my friends who were celebrating it “Merry Christmas” in much the same way they would wish me “Selamat Hari Raya” or “Happy Eid”.

I find it rather sad that such a simple greeting – one which I grew up with and which I have never regarded as something that would compromise or de-value my own faith – is now regarded as something so religiously incorrect for us Malaysian Muslims.
.....
What I do not wish to forget, however, is that there are good, kind people who are not of the same faith as me.
.....
Every year, friends who are Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs or those without any faith come to our home to celebrate Hari Raya with us. They do so with sincerity and as a mark of respect for one of the most important days in the Muslim calendar. Why should we not reciprocate their kindness, show them the same mark of respect for their religion and wish them the same joy on their holy days of celebration?

Read the full article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...